Sewing Away

Archive for April 2013

I bought this maxi summer dress, altough it was not my exact size. It was the color, the style I have wanted for years and it was cheap, had a discounted price. So, in spite of I usually wear L, I bought the last item what was an M. I put it on at home and it was okay, except the bust, I could not button it up. So it is a simple little trick to adjust dresses ir shirts. I cut up the sides and inserted triangle shaped fabric-pieces there. I was lucky, I found an old T-shirt with a pretty similar color, what I used for the inserts. I added darrs in the middle of the extra parts to be tighter on the top and wider in the middle. So know I can comfortably wear the dress. 🙂

20130427-155330.jpg

Few photos of the process:

20130427-155410.jpg

20130427-155429.jpg

20130427-155441.jpg

20130427-155452.jpg

20130427-155501.jpg

20130427-155510.jpg

Advertisements

I have not sewn any clothes for myself for a long time, so here it comes.
I used my husband’s old pants what had such an oldfashioned shape, something carrot-like, so he did not wear them at all. I love how it turned out, perfect for spring/fall especially with colorful pantyhose.

20130406-144127.jpg

20130406-144146.jpg

20130406-144202.jpg

20130406-144218.jpg

Some photos of the process.

20130406-144313.jpg

20130406-144331.jpg

20130406-144347.jpg

20130406-144401.jpg

20130406-144414.jpg

Have a nice weekend!