Sewing Away

summer dress adjust

Posted on: April 27, 2013

I bought this maxi summer dress, altough it was not my exact size. It was the color, the style I have wanted for years and it was cheap, had a discounted price. So, in spite of I usually wear L, I bought the last item what was an M. I put it on at home and it was okay, except the bust, I could not button it up. So it is a simple little trick to adjust dresses ir shirts. I cut up the sides and inserted triangle shaped fabric-pieces there. I was lucky, I found an old T-shirt with a pretty similar color, what I used for the inserts. I added darrs in the middle of the extra parts to be tighter on the top and wider in the middle. So know I can comfortably wear the dress. 🙂

20130427-155330.jpg

Few photos of the process:

20130427-155410.jpg

20130427-155429.jpg

20130427-155441.jpg

20130427-155452.jpg

20130427-155501.jpg

20130427-155510.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: